863 Des Plaines Ave, Forest Park, Il 60130
German Waldheim Cemetery, previously known as Waldheim Cemetery, and currently Forest Home Cemetery is located at 863 Des Plaines Ave. in Forest Park, a suburb of Chicago in Cook County, Illinois. It was originally founded in 1873 as a non-religion-specific cemetery, where Freemasons, Romani, and German-speaking immigrants to Chicago could be buried without regard for religious affiliation. In 1969, it merged with the adjacent Forest Home Cemetery, also founded in 1873, with the combined cemetery being called Forest Home (Waldheim means forest home in German).
Because it was unassociated with any religious institution, it was chosen as burial place of the Haymarket martyrs. After they were buried there, the cemetery became a place of pilgrimage for anarchists, leftists, and union members. Due to the importance of the event in history, and the monuments' role as an international pilgrimage site, the Haymarket memorial was the first cemetery memorial to be designated a National Historic Landmark.. The Haymarket Martyrs' Monument was designed by sculptor Albert Weinert.
Visit the links below for more information on Forest Home Cemetery
Forest Home - German Waldheim Cemetery